Lechuna Heritage Lodge
Some Key Facts:
- Lechuna Heritage Lodge is an traditional farmhouse located in the picturesque village of Lechu, in the Haa Valley, one of the western-most and smallest district of Bhutan. Buried in history, untouched by time – in the villages and monasteries around this lodge, you can explore the paramount living culture & traditions, and steal a peek or engage yourself in experiencing daily lives of the villagers.
- From Lechuna Heritage Lodge, you can go on different walks through the village of Lechuna. You can talk to the villagers, experience the traditional Bhutanese lifestyle and take time to see their work. From Lechuna Heritage Lodge you can continue walking down to the beautiful river of Haa Chhu. Cross the river and you walk through a pristine forest to reach the Jante Gompa, a monastery over 300 years old. From the ancient monastery you will enjoy the best views of the southern Haa Valley from here.
The Lechuna Heritage lodge is a charming traditional Bhutanese farmhouse, renovated to incorporate modern amenities and offers the feel of traditional Bhutanese stay amidst modern features.The hotel is located a short walk from the motorable road, the lodge is a three stories Bhutanese house, made with earth rammed walls and timber frames. The place evokes tranquility and peace and offers a nice central courtyard to unwind.
- ➡ 14 Rooms
- ➡ Basic room amenities
- Leisure & recreation
➡ - Cultural Arts and Craft Interactive activity
➡ - Jogging/Walking
➡ - Cultural Visits/Tours
- On-site facilities
➡ - Gift/souvenir shop
➡ - Family room
➡ - Shop(s)
➡ - Smoking area
- Eating & Drinking
➡ - Restaurant
➡ - Bar
- Cleaning services
➡ - Laundry service
➡ - Daily housekeeping
➡ - Dry cleaning
- Guest services
➡ - Babysitting service
➡ - Luggage storage
➡ - Concierge
➡ - Newspapers
For our 2nd last night in Bhutan we stayed at Lechuna Lodge, the only truly authentic Bhutanese style property we stayed in during our 2 week trip to Bhutan. From the moment we arrived we could experience the feeling of being amongst the local people in this small village about 3 kilometres south of Damthang. The property is an old, old house which has been renovated keeping the solid walls, heavy timber floors and doorways, but adding beautiful guest bedrooms and separate toilets and also a couple of shower rooms on the top floor. The floors squeak a little which adds to the charm, outside our room is a small sitting area with a kettle and tea and coffee making. The dining room is in a separate building at the rear, meals were delicious. We enjoyed a beautiful walk up the main road for 500 metres and then down through original farm houses and fields where turnips where being harvested. The walk continued over the river via an old bridge and downstream to the next bridge just below Lechuna. One of the most magical afternoons spent in Bhutan.
- “Beautiful old heritage property.”
Super cosy clean renovated old tradtional farmhouse in a far away corner of western Bhutan. The chimes outside the house bringe every fatigued traveller in trance. Enjoy the silence and the warm welcome.
- “Super cosy traditional farmhouse.”
Staying here is a great experience. It is very similar to a home stay, but with more room. On the face of it the facilities are limited. One bathroom between the rooms. The rooms are spacious and the simple facilities for guests are well thought out. Dining is communal and the food is Bhutanese slightly modified for western tastes. The bedrooms are simple but very comfortable.It is a very welcoming place in impressive scenery rarely visited by westerners. The weather was less agreeable with a heavy snow fall.
- “A warm welcome on a wet night”
This is a renovated, lovely farm house in a village in a beautiful part of the upper Haa valley. Rooms are simple but lovely and have shared facilities. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The value for money on the food front is a little low, our food bill in the end was almost as high as the room bill - without any drinks.
The charm of this place therefore is the lodge itself & the walks through the village and the surrounding hills.
- “Great location and lovely house”