The bhutanese theme in this hotel is quite nice, nice decor to show off the bhutanese aspect, feels slightly aged though. Hotel is slightly far from town center, but walkable, which for me is a good thing because it means that it is quiet and no dogs barking. I'm not sure why i ended up in a smaller room as compared to a couple on the same package as me, the side of my room also directly face a school, so view point is zero. Meals are decent, 4/5. Services, much like the other hotels i stayed in bhutan are great, 5/5.
Namgay Heritage Hotel
Some Key Facts:
- Offering a restaurant, Namgay Heritage Hotel is located in Thimphu. Free WiFi access is available in the public areas of the property.
- Each room here will provide you with a seating area. Featuring a shower, private bathroom also comes with free toiletries and slippers. You can enjoy mountain view and city view from the room.
- At Namgay Heritage Hotel you will find a 24-hour front desk. An array of activities can be enjoyed on site or in the surroundings, including skiing and cycling. The property offers free parking.
- The Dochula pass is 10 km and the Thimphu Chorten is 12 km. The Paro Airport is 48 km.
Namgay Heritage hotel features 35-quality accommodations. It is ideal for conscious customers, who may wish to have a feel of traditional Bhutanese house at the same time not compromising with necessary comfort. The hotel also features a religious Altar, like every normal Bhutanese house, two restaurants and a bar, one of which is devoted to Bhutanese cuisine only. Furthermore, the hotel is also complimented with a conference room, Spa, Gymnasium and a parlor.
- ➡ 32 Rooms & Suites
- ➡ First class room amenities
- Heritage Deluxe
- Heritage Grand Deluxe
- Luxury Suite
- Fitness & recreation
➡ - Spa & Fitness Centre
➡ - Bushwalking/Hiking/Trekking
➡ - Cultural Arts and Craft Interactive activity
- On-site facilities
➡ - Facilities for disabled guests
➡ - Family room
➡ - Elevator
➡ - Smoking area
➡ - Free Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas
➡ - Gift/souvenir shop
➡ - Salon
- Eating & Drinking
➡ - Restaurant
– “strong theme, nice interior, slightly aged”
The hotel is a bit far from city center. However, the Memorial Temple is a 15 min walk. The hotel is tastefully decorated, clean, with a spa, gym, and restaurant. The room is spacious and has traditional design. The bathroom has a shower and tub. Food is excellent and staff is professional. Worth a stay!
– “Great food”
One of the better hotels during our travels in Bhutam. The beds were comfortable and the roomms and bathrooms offered standard amenities. We had two rooms and each room had a large entry into a seating area with doors between the bedroom and bathroom. The shower was separate from the toilet area which is perfect and there was plenty of hot water and free wifi. There was free parking for our driver and the restuarant downstairs offered a range of breakfast and dinner choices - buffet serving line style.
The reception staff and kitchen staff were cordial and there is someone at the reception desk it seemed any hour we went in and out of the hotel.
– “Stunning Mountain Views”
In comparison to other hotels that I stayed when I was in Bhutan, this hotel is smaller but it's very cozy & warm. I like the wooden interior design. It looks very traditional. The room I stayed is good & large. There's pool but I did not have time to swim. It's also near the Thimphu market.
– “Small & cozy & traditional design”