This is a beautiful hotel, one block off the Main Street of the town. The rooms are spacious, good amenities, excellent WiFi, and the food in the restaurants is wonderful. Don't miss this if you travel to Thimphu, Bhutan.
Taj Tashi Bhutan Hotel
Some Key Facts:
- Five-star luxury awaits at Taj Tashi Bhutan, set in the heart of Bhutan’s Thimphu Valley. Featuring elaborate Bhutanese architecture, the hotel offers a fitness centre and luxurious spa. 4 dining options are provided in the hotel.
- Taj Tashi Bhutan is 7 km from Buddha Point Thimphu. Paro International Airport is 60 km or an approximate 1-hour drive from the hotel.
- Stylish rooms feature wooden décor, with select ones providing stunning views of Thimphu Valley. A flat-screen TV, minibar and tea/coffee-making facilities are provided. Suites offer walk-in closets and luxurious bathrooms with a standalone bathtub.
- Guests can unwind in The Jiva Spa, featuring a spa menu of Indian healing therapies. A concierge desk and business centre are available to assist guests. Currency exchange and ticketing services are offered for convenience.
- Chig-ja-gye and The Thongsel specialise in Bhutanese cuisine, while drinks are featured in Ara and Rimps. Room service is also available.
The Taj Tashi Thimphu offers premier accommodation in the capital. Recently opened property is a stylish chic hotel in the heart of city offering ultimate luxury coupled with exceptional service. The property resembles a typical Dzong like structure indicative of the Bhutanese themes and the formidable structure of the hotel stands more like a Thimphu landmark.
The facilities and amenities are in line with 5 star standards and more. All major shopping and business districts are an easy walk away and major touristic areas probably an easy 10-15 minute drive. Indeed the Taj Tashi is a perfect place to explore the delights of Bhutan.
- ➡ 66 Rooms & Suites
- ➡ Deluxe room amenities
- Deluxe Room
- Deluxe Room with Balcony
- Luxury Room
- Deluxe Suite
- Duplex Suite
- Luxury Room
- Fitness & recreation
➡ - Massages
➡ - Swimming pool
➡ - Cultural Arts and Craft Interactive activity
➡ - Bushwalking/Hiking/Trekking
➡ - Jogging/Walking
- On-site facilities
➡ - Gift/souvenir shop
➡ - Facilities for disabled guests
➡ - Family room
➡ - Elevator
➡ - Shop(s)
➡ - Smoking area
➡ - Shared lounge/TV area
➡ - Garden
- Eating & Drinking
➡ - Restaurant
➡ - Coffee Shop
➡ - Bar
– Gem of Thimphu
Though we have not stayed here on our recent visit, we were here for Lunch and Dinner. Its beautiful Architecture mesmarizes on reaching its lobby. Restaurant was below lobby leval. The F & B Manager Mr Patil attended us. Service at lunch and dinner were extraordinary. though there were only few guests being off season, hall was kept warm by wood burning old time heaters. Food indian at lunch and chinese at dinner were well prepared and served nicely. One must visit this Hotel if not staying also just for dinner. They are also arranging cultural show with dances with local flavour in evening.
– Grand hotel in Thimphu
We didn't stay at the hotel but had meals over there. Food is awesome, staff is very courteous.
They have nice evening events arranged as well, and we were requested by the staff to enjoy them. Architecture of the hotel is awesome
This is a relatively large hotel in the center of Thimphu (but was almost empty when we were there in early February - so we had the hotel almost to ourselves). The service is outstanding, the rooms are extremely large, extremely well furnished, with great views, and the restaurant was terrific. The hotel is also well located in the center of Thimphu for both wandering around the town and as a departure point for many of the sites (and hikes) in the area. We would unquestionably stay here again when we return to Bhutan. Overall a great stay in a beautiful hotel with impeccable service.
– Beautiful Hotel in the center of Thimphu
The legendary hospitality can be experienced only at the Taj and Taj Tashi is no different.
Its located adjacent to the local market (walking distance)
We could surely experience Tajness,
Right from warm and friendly check in service, to the amazing organic food offered at the restaurant. Also the fantastic cultural show(Bhutanese dances, songs) held in the evening surely makes us admire, understand about Bhutanese culture. If one wants peace and great food with good service and well behaved staff, & Bhutanese cultural experience
kindly visit Taj Tashi you won't be disappointed... will surly visit again
– Amazing stay at Taj Tashi