The Uma Punakha is gorgeous. It sits on a hill above a rushing glacial-fed river, and overlooks terraces of rice and corn that climb up the hills. The rooms are very well appointed, the staff is excellent and the food was superb. They upgraded us to a suite on our first night, which gave us our own balcony to view the river and, far above us, some snow-capped peaks. The breakfasts were also excellent. This is a great property.
Uma Punakha Hotel
Some Key Facts:
- COMO Hotels and Resorts has opened a beautiful new lodge in the magnificent Punakha Valley in western Bhutan.
- The intimate 11-room Uma by COMO Punakha will offer a COMO Shambala Spa Retreat featuring 2 treatment rooms, one with a hot stone bath, and offering traditional Bhutanese therapies.
- The hotel is situated on a hillside in the verdant Punakha Valley, a five-hour drive from the airport at Paro Valley, and just 3.5 hours from Thimphu, the Kingdom’s capital. Uma by COMO Punakha therefore offers an important luxury hotel option to this important cultural region.
- Uma Punakha entraceThe lodge offers eleven rooms in total, including nine deluxe and two one-bedroom villas with interconnecting doors to one of the deluxe rooms, making them stand alone two-bedroom villas when required. Uma by COMO Punakha’s open plan restaurant and lounge bar will showcase the best local ingredients and Bhutanese delicacies alongside a varied international menu.
Uma Punakha Hotel is the second flagship property of Singapore bases como hotels and resort in Bhutan. Located on a hilltop in harmony with Mochu river the hotel offer understated 9 valley view rooms and one bedroom villa.A sister lodge to Uma Paro, the Punakha property offers ample opportunities for white-water rafting, hiking and cycling.
- ➡ 11 Rooms & Villas
- ➡ Luxury class room amenities
Valley View Room
One Bed-room Villa
Two Bed-room Villa
- Things to do, ways to relax
➡ - Spa
➡ - Bushwalking/Hiking/Trekking
➡ - Yoga
➡ - Cycling
- Dining, drinking, and snacking
➡ - Bar
➡ - Restaurant
➡ - Coffee shop
- Services and Conveniences
➡ - Luggage storage
➡ - Laundry service
➡ - Currency exchange
➡ - Smoking area
- For the kids
➡ - Family room
➡ - Security [24-hour]
➡ - Front desk [24-hour]
– “One Of The Most Beautiful Places On Earth”
From the first welcome by the lodge manager Jessie to the end it was like a home from home. Phenomenal views for breakfast from the outside terrace over the Valley. Staff were friendly and flexible and food was great.
Our guide for both Como Uma Punakha and Uma Paro was Karma and he was just brilliant - genuinely warm and friendly, very knowledgeable and really helped us get to know Bhutan and its history & culture - Thanks Karma for making a fantastic stay really special. We will definitely be back!
– “Calm place in the Vietnamese mountains.”
Quiet and relaxing place!
Great cuisine. One of the best food during two weeks in Vietnam.
Very comfortable rooms in bungalows. Maybe the bathrooms could be littel better, but still does not change the overall experience. Take the bath (with mountain herbs!) and try the massage.
– “Great Property in a wonderful valley.”
Exclusive charming boutique hotel, well appointed rooms, stunning views, fantastic location, friendly and efficient staff. Como Uma blends harmoniously with its exquisite surroundings and food is excellent.
– “view of Shangri-la and beautifully appointed”
We stayed at the COMO Uma Punakha (and COMO Uma Paro) in Bhutan as part of our honeymoon in August/September 2016. First, both locations are absolutely stunning. The views are so beautiful, it's difficult to really explain just how dramatic they are. The hotels have very obviously been designed with every single detail having been thought through. The rooms were large, airy, comfortable. The food was among the best we've had at any hotel we've ever stayed at. We tried local Bhutanese food, which was delicious (and spicy)! As with all the COMO properties we have stayed at, the food was top notch. Excellent ingredients, the utmost attention paid to detailed requests, and incredible service.
I actually want to highlight just how incredible the service was at both COMO Bhutan properties (this has been a theme at all COMO properties we have stayed at). First, the sheer number staff members helping us was amazing; but, on top of that, every one of them remembered us, our preferences, and how long we had been there. They were always willing to help, and, while I usually feel quite uncomfortable from over-the-top service, the team at COMO always made us feel like we were at home.
Specifically, I'd like to thank the following COMO team members:
Starting at the top, our butler, Sha Dev, was incredibly attentive and helpful, even teaching us how to shoot bows and arrows! He was so kind, and available to us for even the smallest requests.
Our guide, Yeonten, was also amazing, taking us everywhere we asked him, always with a smile, and answering more questions about his country from us that I can imagine he's ever received. He was so much fun to hang around, and I'd like to think we made a new friend in him during our time there.
Our driver Tshering was also great, moving us around safely and comfortably.
At Paro, we didn't interact with too many staff, as Sha Dev handled everything for us. But at Punakha, we had the pleasure of meeting and becoming close with the staff there, who were also super kind and helpful. I'd like to highlight Phajo, Kuenza, Dolma, Tshering, and Sonam.
The management team was also always available and willing to provide any help they could. Roy was always ready to lend a helping hand, and Jessie made a reservation for us at Nahm in Bangkok for our return. I'd also like to thank the chef de cuisine at Punakha (I can't recall her name, but she worked at Maalifushi for some time), and the front desk manager, whose name I also fail to recall, but who was also very helpful. I'd also like to thank the manager of COMO Uma Bhutan, James, for his incredible kindness in hosting us at Paro. He is doing a great job of creating an environment where guests feel welcomed by staff that enjoy what they do.
– “Most amazing views we've ever experienced”